Services charges/ Locker rents & deposits revised w.e.f. 1st July, 2019
Schedule Fees for Depository services w.e.f. 1st Aug, 2019
Bank through Mobile/Net banking for free NEFT/RTGS/IMPS fund transfers.
Now avail benefits of RuPay Platinum on RuPay Debit Card
New Fixed Deposit Scheme introduced
109 Branches now open all over Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh
Who is identified as NRI
Non Resident Indian nationals generally falls under the following broad categories
- An Indian citizen who resides abroad for employment/carrying on business or vocation outside India or for any other purpose indicating an intention of stay abroad for an uncertain duration
- Indian citizens posted in United Nations Organisation and officials deputed abroad by Central or State Govt. and Public Sector Undertakings on temporary assignments are also treated as Non Residents
- Crewmembers of Indian nationality or origin employed by Foreign Airlines or Shipping Companies if they are based at foreign ports and reside abroad.(If the employment is on contract basis, their status still continues to be resident Indian.)
- Indian students proceeding abroad for higher studies have been given the status of Non Resident having regard to the circumstances as under
- They stay abroad for more than 182 days in the preceding financial year
- Their intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period when they go abroad for their studies
Accordingly all the facilities given to the Non Residents have been made available to them also.
Foreign Citizens of Indian Origin:
For the purpose of opening the NRO/NRE ACCOUNTS
A person not being a citizen of Pakistan and Bangladesh deemed to be Indian Origin, if
- he, at any time, held an Indian Passport OR
- he, or either of his parents or any of his grand-parents was citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or citizenship Act 1955 (57 of 1955).
- a spouse (not being citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh) of an Indian citizen or a person of Indian origin is also treated as a person of Indian origin for the above purposes provided the Bank accounts or investments in shares/securities in India are made by such persons jointly with their NRI spouses.